18 Sep Chichewa Online Course – Level 1
Chichewa, also known as ‘Chewa’, is a common language spoken by the people of Malawi. It is known as the ‘language of the lake’, referring to the Lake Malawi. First recorded by António Gamitto, who was involved in an expedition in 1831 to visit the Malawi people (Maraves), ruled by King Undi.
The language is dynamic, as more and more English words are incorporated into the language over the years, making it a very interesting study!
Delve into this royal court communication and conquer this language of adventurers.
With our Chichewa Starter Microlearning Course, you can:
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Chibemba
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colors
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks