22 Oct Disability Awareness – Working with People with Disabilities
People with disabilities represent a significant and largely underutilized resource for businesses. Many disabled persons are underemployed or unemployed. As a result of advocates for diversity, as well as a shrinking labor pool, employers are taking a serious look at hiring and retaining people with disabilities.
This course will give supervisors, managers, and human resource consultants tools and tips for creating a diverse workplace.
This will help you know how to:
- Prepare to welcome people with disabilities into their workplace
- Interact with people with disabilities
- Identify and overcome barriers in the workplace
- Use respectful, appropriate, acceptable language in any circumstance
- Understand what their company can do during hiring and interviewing
- Understand what job accommodation is and how it applies in their workplace