18 Jan Dutch Online Course (Retail) – Level 1
Learn Dutch, the no-nonsense language you need for ‘shop talk’ with your customers from the Netherlands
Remember, the Dutch come from the Netherlands. Many people incorrectly call it Holland, but only the central part of the Netherlands is called Holland.
The Dutch society is egalitarian and modern. The people are modest, tolerant, independent, self-reliant, and entrepreneurial. The Dutch are reserved and don’t touch in public or display anger or extreme exuberance, so be sure to offer to help in a quiet, non-intrusive way.
They have an aversion to the nonessential, so bear this in mind when recommending products. Ostentatious behavior is to be avoided. As they value privacy and seldom speak to strangers, it is more likely that they will wait for you to make the first move to talk or start the conversation.
With our Dutch Retail Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your retail guests in Dutch
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for clothes, food and materials
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Use numbers 1-20 and tell the time
- Talk about sizes, colors and the all important changing room!
- Understand simple requests e.g. Would you have this is a different color?
- Simple recommendations
- Talk about products, price and discounts
- Talk about directions and locations
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.