22 Oct Effective Planning and Scheduling – Online Course
5 out of 5 stars
As project managers and leads, we all know how difficult it can be to accurately determine the duration of a project, yet that is exactly what is expected of us on a regular basis.
This course will not disclose the secret of creating an accurate schedule, because there isn’t one. However, it will provide the factors and fundamental elements that you should consider and address when creating any type of schedule.
Participants should complete the Intermediate Project Management workshop prior to this course, or have equivalent knowledge.
This course presumes that participants:
- Can define projects and project management
- Understand a project’s life cycle
- Are familiar with the basics of project planning and scheduling
- Know how to complete a Statement of Work and/or a project charter
This will help you know how to:
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.