05 Mar English Online Course (American) – Level 2
Given the amount of places around the world that English is spoken, various differences are bound to emerge. American English often differs in intonation, word stress and vocabulary, and, to a much lesser extent, grammar and sentence structure.
The first large American dictionary, An American Dictionary of the English Language, known as Webster’s Dictionary, was written by Noah Webster in 1828, radically changing some of the British English spelling to more phonetically spelling. For example, ‘colour’ is spelt ‘color,’ ‘Grey’ is spelt ‘Gray,’ jewellery’ is spelt ‘jewelry’ in American, removing extra letters that are not pronounced etc.! Learn the de facto language of the US today, and sound like a native American.
Continue your learning and improve your job prospects with every level.
With our English Online (American) – Level 2A1.1 Microlearning Course, you can:
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Count from 0-12
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
* All cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.