18 Sep English Online Course (Cockney) – Level 1
Speakers of Cockney have a distinctive dialect and slang, often using rhyming slang. An example of rhyming slang, replacing the word “telephone” with the rhyming phrase “dog and bone”. Often the second part is also then omitted, “and bone” is dropped, so the spoken phrase “Pass the dog” means “Pass the phone”.
Learn Cockney English, whose expressions, such as “apples and pears” for stairs, are used widely throughout the UK and British T.V programs.
With our English Cockney Starter Microlearning Course, you can:
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in English Cockney
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colors
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks