07 Dec English Online Course (Hospitality) – Level 1
Learn Hospitality English and welcome guests from 65 countries and territories that have English as their first language.
Learning English is the perfect way to welcome a whole host of guests from all over the world from English speaking countries, such as the U.K., the U.S., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand to name just a few!
The thing to bear in mind is that although they all may speak the same language, their cultural expectations may be very different depending on where they are from! For example, the people of the UK value their privacy highly. Although they may appear to be very open in public, they do not normally criticize or openly complain in public. On the other hand, guests from the U.S. will begin to speak with strangers as they stand in a queue etc. so don’t be surprised if they are informal to the point of being very direct.
So learn the language and then learn the cultural ropes as you go!
With our English Hospitality Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your hotel guests in English
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for check in and check out
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Talk about countries and where guests are from
- Understand simple requests e.g. taxi, please
- Use numbers 1-20 and colors
- Talk about directions and locations
- Talk about hiring a car
- Simple recommendations
- Tell the time