18 Sep English Online Course (Indian) – Level 1
Indian English is the form of English spoken throughout India. Having been influenced by the local cultures and dialects, Indian English is tinted with native vernacular accents in many places, with some still using “received pronunciation”, which is Standard British English.
The phonetics, vocabulary, and phraseology of the variants of the Indian English dialect tend to be generally the same.
Did you know? Jungle, bungalow, shampoo, and verandah are words gifted from Indian English.
With our English Indian Starter Microlearning Course, you can:
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in English Indian
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colors
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks