05 Mar Estonian Online Course – Level 2
The language of Estonia has a history of ancient song and rhymes, preserved down the ages verbally from generation to generation.
Spoken by just 1m people in Estonia, they have one of the biggest collections of folk songs in the world, with written records of about 133,000 folk songs. The most famous local singers throughout history were able to recall up to 20,000 rhymes, earning the title ‘Seto Mother of Songs.’
The Tallinn Song Festival Grounds in the capital hosts an extravaganza of music every five years, celebrating their regivÃ¤rss, i.e. rhythmic verse and folk songs.
Did you know? Estonian is closely related to Finnish, but beware, there are many false friends that sound the same but mean something different!
Continue your learning and improve your job prospects with every level.
With our Estonian A1.1 Microlearning Course, you can:
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Count from 0-12
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
* All cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course