17 Jan French Online Course (Retail) – Level 1
Learn Retail French, and avoid any ‘faux pas’ with your French speaking customers
If you work in retail, then you are truly an ambassador of your shop’s brand and customer service.
The nation that created “haute couture” puts premium on appearance, and expects an individual, warm and attentive but not overly friendly welcome. In different nations, interrupting might be improper yet in France it is basically an approach to express your enthusiasm for the other individual and the discussion, so don’t worry if your customer doesn’t let you finish your sentence. Make sure you know how to greet your French clients without making any dreaded ‘faux pas’ (false step in French)!
Did you know?
French, after English, is the only language taught in every continent of the world, with more than 50 countries recognizing it as their national language. More than 220 million people speak French on the five continents, and it’s the sixth most widely spoken language in the world. As well as customers from France, French also comes in handy for shopaholics from Africa, Switzerland, Canada, Monaco, and the Seychelles.
France is the world’s top tourist destination and attracts more than 79,5 million visitors a year. They are well versed in the language of fashion so make sure you speak theirs!
With our French Retail Microlearning Course, you can:
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for clothes, food and materials
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Use numbers 1-20 and tell the time
- Talk about sizes, colors and the all important changing room!
- Understand simple requests e.g. Would you have this is a different color?
- Simple recommendations
- Talk about products, price and discounts
- Talk about directions and locations