01 May Icelandic Online Course – Level 3
If you learn Icelandic, you will have a very strong understanding of ‘Old Norse’, the mother of all Scandinavian languages. Icelandic has remained more or less untouched since medieval times, and the 12th-century texts can be understood even now.
From the ancient Icelandic sagas to the haunting music of modern day Björk, the Icelanders celebrate their culture and protect the purity of the language.
Because of its complex inflectional system lost from the other Scandinavian languages, it is more difficult to learn. However, once you have a basis in Icelandic, the others are fantastically easy to learn!
Did you know?
Despite the name, Iceland is nowhere near as icy as Greenland. Thanks to the Gulf Stream, it has a relatively temperate climate, although it still has those long, dark winters.
With our Icelandic A1.2 Microlearning you can:
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognize parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
* All Cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course