18 Jan Japanese Online Course (Retail) – Level 1
Learn Japanese, and embrace “Omotenashi” (to welcome guests wholeheartedly) for your Japanese hotel guests
To really be able to welcome your Japanese guests, you need to have a good understanding of Japanese-style service, “Omotenashi”. “Omotenashi” means “to welcome guests wholeheartedly.” It comes from the verb “motenasu” which means “to make welcome” or “to entertain”.
Bringing customer service to a whole new level of perfection, “Omotenashi” equals a commitment for service excellence that can be felt the moment you walk through the door. With anticipating customer needs at the heart of the concept, this phenomenon is often perceived by outsiders as transforming mundane tasks into an elaborate welcoming ritual.
Customer service in Japan is a highly developed art form, and it is not surprising to know that the same level of service would be expected whilst abroad. Learning some key words in Japanese will set you up on the road to “Omotenashi”!
With our Japanese Retail Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your retail guests in Japanese
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for clothes, food and materials
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Use numbers 1-20 and tell the time
- Talk about sizes, colors and the all important changing room!
- Understand simple requests e.g. Would you have this is a different color?
- Simple recommendations
- Talk about products, price and discounts
- Talk about directions and locations
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.