05 Mar Maori Online Course – Level 2
MÄori is the language spoken by the indigenous MÄori people of New Zealand, mainly in the North Island, and it has been one of New Zealand’s 3 official languages since 1987. It’s closely related to the language spoken in the Cook Islands (known as Cook Islands MÄori or Rarotongan).
The MÄori call their language either te reo MÄori (the MÄori language) or simply MÄori . Until the Second World War most MÄori spoke te reo as their first language. Before the war, about 75% of MÄori lived in rural areas. Two decades later, approximately 60% lived in urban centres and English become dominant. Thanks to a major MÄori language renaissance in the 1980s, MÄori is once again heard throughout Aotearoa (MÄori for New Zealand), and MÄori art, songs, dance, and traditional carving are being brought back along with the language.
The word MÄori means common or ordinary, but this is definitely an extraordinary language!
Continue your learning and improve your job prospects with every level.
With our Maori A1.1 Microlearning Course, you can:
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Count from 0-12
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
* All cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.