05 Dec Norwegian Online Course (Hospitality) – Level 1
Learn Norwegian and ensure you can follow ‘Jante Law’ with your Norwegian guests
Norway has a strictly egalitarian culture, the cornerstone of which is ‘Jante Law’. According to Jante Law, values of humility, respect, simplicity and equality are a priority. As such, Norwegian people are not vocal about their own achievements (wealth, intelligence, material goods) and are generally unimpressed by those who show off about such things.
It’s important to bear that in mind when communicating with your Norwegian guests, focusing on the facts about your facilities and amenties. Business communication is direct with no excess emotion, small talk, beating around the bush or flamboyant body language.
With our Norwegian Hospitality Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your hotel guests in Norwegian
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for check in and check out
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Talk about countries and where guests are from
- Understand simple requests e.g. taxi, please
- Use numbers 1-20 and colors
- Talk about directions and locations
- Talk about hiring a car
- Simple recommendations
- Tell the time
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.