18 Jan Norwegian Online Course (Retail) – Level 1
Learn Retail and ensure you can follow ‘Jante Law’ with your Norwegian customers
Norway has a strictly egalitarian culture, the cornerstone of which is ‘Jante Law’. According to Jante Law, values of humility, respect, simplicity and equality are a priority. As such, Norwegian people are not vocal about their own achievements (wealth, intelligence, material goods) and are generally unimpressed by those who show off about such things.
It’s important to bear that in mind when communicating with your Norwegian customers, focusing on the facts about your products. Communication is direct with no excess emotion, small talk, beating around the bush or flamboyant body language. There is little personal touching except between relatives and close friends, so ensure that you keep a polite distance and don’t invade their personal space!
Know your products and know them well, as always, and focus on the facts.
With our Norwegian Retail Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your retail guests in Norwegian
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for clothes, food and materials
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Use numbers 1-20 and tell the time
- Talk about sizes, colors and the all important changing room!
- Understand simple requests e.g. Would you have this is a different color?
- Simple recommendations
- Talk about products, price and discounts
- Talk about directions and locations
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.