18 Sep Pidgin Nigerian Online Course – Level 1
Nigerian Pidgin is an English-based pidgin and creole language spoken as a lingua franca across Nigeria. Each of the 250 or more ethnic groups in Nigeria can converse in the language, though they usually have their own additional words when using the language.
It is distinguished from other creole languages since most speakers are not true native speakers although many children learn it at an early age. Learn the language that can be spoken as a pidgin, a creole, or a decreolised acrolect by different speakers!
With our Pidgin Nigerian Starter Microlearning Course, you can:
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Pidgin Nigerian
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colors
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks