03 Apr Planning for Workplace Safety
Beginning with the Organizational Safety Policy, the company’s Safety Plan shows that Senior Management takes the commitment to worker health and safety seriously. The safety plan provides a system of policies, procedures and practices to help prevent accidents/incidents, gives workers the knowledge to help them create a safe working environment and outlines a consistent methodology for the company’s approach to Health and Safety. It is one of the more important safety documents that a company can produce.
This course will give you the foundation to develop your Organizational Safety Plan and take the next step in building your safety culture.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explain what a safety plan will include
- Understand and write an Organizational Safety Policy
- Know the importance of the Introduction to the Safety Plan
- Develop a basic Communications Plan for a specific accident/incident occurrence
- Deciding training solutions to common accidents/incidents
- Understand and explain the importance and structure of Incident Response Plans and Critical Incident Response Plans
- Understand Safety Inspections and Safety Audits as methods to identify unsafe conditions and apply corrective action
- Use a 6S Inspection Checklist to conduct a 6S Inspection
- Brainstorm policies and procedures that you might find in the Appendix of a Safety Plan
- Help your organization write, implement, and review a safety plan
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.