06 Dec Portuguese Online Course (Hospitality) – Level 1
Learn Portuguese and say ‘olá’ or ‘bom dia’ to your Portuguese hotel guests
Your Portuguese hotel guests will be more relaxed than Nothern European counterpoints. The Portuguese love to chat about football, food, the economy, politics and fashion, and the weather is a favourite topic for small talk.
Do not take any statements for granted; any verbal or written statements are generally not given the same importance as in, for instance, the UK or Germany, so the golden rule is to sum up what you have offered or discussed at the end of the check-in or check-out process.
Business is conducted slowly. You must not appear impatient. Avoid high-pressure sales tactics (these do not work at all), and the Portuguese are offended by aggressive behavior.
With our Portuguese Hospitality Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your hotel guests in Portugese Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for check in and check out
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Talk about countries and where guests are from
- Understand simple requests e.g. taxi, please
- Use numbers 1-20 and colors
- Talk about directions and locations
- Talk about hiring a car
- Simple recommendations
- Tell the time
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.