05 Mar Romanian Online Course – Level 2
Romanian is the only Romance language in the Eastern Block, spoken by around 24 million people mostly in Romania and Moldova.
It has its roots in Latin, and in fact, the name Romania, and its derivatives, come from the Latin word ‘Romanus’ (citizen of Rome), a legacy of the Roman Empire who took control of ancient Dacia (today Romania) in 106 A.D.
So where does Walachia, ruled by the infamous Vlad Dracula, fit in to all of this? In 1601, the principalities of Moldavia, Walachia, and Transylvania were united for the first time under Prince Michael the Brave. They were then united once for the final time in 1859 to form modern Romania.
Continue your learning and improve your job prospects with every level.
With our Romanian A1.1 Microlearning Course, you can:
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Count from 0-12
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
* All cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course