05 Mar Serbian Online Course – Level 2
Serbian is a South Slavic language spoken mainly in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Croatia and Macedonia by about 11 million people. It’s the official language of Serbia, spoken by 95% of the population, and the main one used in this country of stunning national parks and mountains.
Virtually identical to Croatian, Serbian is written in the Cyrillic (or Russian) alphabet, and Croatian uses Roman letters.
Eight countries surround Serbia, some of which were also part of the former Yugoslavia, making it a landlocked culture, with plenty of influence from its past as part of the Ottoman Empire, The Austro-Hungarian Empire and Yugoslavia, before achieving independence in 2006.
Did you know?
One of Serbia’s famous spots is on the slopes of Mount Radan. Known as Devil’s Town, this landscape is home to weird and wonderful red rock formations. The locals believed this to be the result of devils fighting each other, hence it’s fiendish name!
Continue your learning and improve your job prospects with every level.
With our Serbian A1.1 Microlearning Course, you can:
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Count from 0-12
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
* All cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course