05 Dec Swedish Online Course (Hospitality) – Level 1
Learn Swedish, and mirror the communication style of the softly and calmly spoken Swedes
One of the key characteristics of Swedish culture is that Swedes are egalitarian in nature, humble and find boasting absolutely unacceptable. When welcoming Swedish hotel guests, ensure that you reflect their communication style. When speaking, Swedes speak softly and calmly. It is rare that you were witness a Swede demonstrating anger or strong emotion in public.
In Sweden, as in Finland and Denmark, punctuality is very important both when doing business and making social engagements.
Scheduling and planning are sometimes mentioned as part of the Swedish ‘way of life’. As a general rule spontaneity and improvisation are usual, and you will need to make sure that you similarly organized and allow time for decision making when you are welcoming them to your hotel!
With our Swedish Hospitality Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your hotel guests in Swedish
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for check in and check out
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Talk about countries and where guests are from
- Understand simple requests e.g. taxi, please
- Use numbers 1-20 and colors
- Talk about directions and locations
- Talk about hiring a car
- Simple recommendations
- Tell the time