18 Jan Swedish Online Course (Retail) – Level 1
Learn Swedish, and mirror the communication style of the softly and calmly spoken Swedes
One of the key characteristics of Swedish culture is that Swedes are egalitarian in nature, humble and find boasting absolutely unacceptable. When welcoming Swedish customers, ensure that you reflect their communication style. When speaking, Swedes speak softly and calmly. You need to do the same, and focus on the facts for your products without embellishment.
Scheduling and planning are sometimes mentioned as part of the Swedish ‘way of life’. As a general rule spontaneity and improvisation are unusual, and you will need to make sure that you similarly organized, but more importantly, allow time for decision making when you are welcoming them to your store!
With our Swedish Retail Microlearning Course, you can:
- Greet and welcome your retail guests in Swedish
- Introduce yourself and others
- Use simple phrases for clothes, food and materials
- Ask for phone number and contact details
- Use numbers 1-20 and tell the time
- Talk about sizes, colors and the all important changing room!
- Understand simple requests e.g. Would you have this is a different color?
- Simple recommendations
- Talk about products, price and discounts
- Talk about directions and locations
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.