10 May Workplace Diversity
With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. Diversity is the inclusion of a wide variety of people of different races or cultures in a group or organization and it is vital that every employer and employee has an understanding of this concept.
It is important to use strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes and to encourage diversity in the workplace. In order to achieve this goal, you have to understand what diversity is all about, and how you can help create a more diverse world at work and at home.
With this course you will learn to use skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
This course touches on the meaning and history of diversity, stereotypes, how to break down the barriers, verbal and non-verbal communication, proactivity, discrimination, diversity complaints.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand diversity
- Understand how stereotypes develop
- Set up strategies for removing barriers
- Improve your active listening skills
- Understand the importance of body language and interpersonal communication
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace and prevent discrimination
- Understand and respond to diversity complaints
Take this Course
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.