22 Oct Workplace Ergonomics – Injury Prevention Through Ergonomics
The human body is a fragile system, and we put many demands on it every day. Activities like reaching to get supplies of a shelf, sitting in front of a computer for hours every day, and moving heavy products around the shop can all take a toll on our bodies.
In this course, you will learn how to make your environment as ergonomic as possible in order to make daily tasks easier on your body and mind.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Define ergonomics and the types of injuries that result from unresolved ergonomic hazards
- Explore the major risk factors of ergonomic injuries and the cost to the workplace
- Find out what legislation and regulation applies to their area of work
- Different ways that workplaces can address ergonomic issues
- Create a framework that can be adapted and used for ergonomic efforts
- Identify tools and methods to recognize ergonomic hazards and how to resolve them