22 Oct Workplace Harassment – What It is and What to Do About It
In 2012 alone, the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ordered that $365,400,000 (that’s 365.4 million dollars!) be paid out for discrimination and harassment charges.
No wonder companies are working to be more proactive in preventing harassment. But how do you prevent harassment from occurring? What sorts of policies should be in place? What should managers do to protect their employees? And if a complaint is filed, what will we do? All of these questions (and more!) will be answered in this course.
(Source for statistics: http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/enforcement/all.cfm)
This course will help you learn how to:
- Explain what is acceptable behavior in the workplace and what is not, and why
- Apply the benefits of harassment training
- Define the various types of harassment, including sexual harassment
- Assist in creating a harassment policy
- State some ways to prevent harassment and understand what role they can play
- Demonstrate some ways to protect themselves from harassment
- Know what to do if they are harassed or accused of harassment
- Understand the complaint process, from the complaint to the reply, to mediation or investigation, to a solution
- Identify situations where mediation is appropriate, and understand how mediation works in those situations
- Describe appropriate solutions for a harassment incident
- Know what to do if a complaint is false
- Help their workplace return to normal after a harassment incident
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.