22 Oct Employee Dispute Resolution – Mediation through Peer Review
Have you ever been in a workplace situation where a supervisor has made a decision that you didn’t agree with?
Did you wish that you could ask someone else what they thought of the decision; whether they would have done the same thing?
The peer review process offers employees just that chance, using a formalized procedure to ask, consider, and resolve just these sorts of questions.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about employee dispute resolution through mediation.
This will help you know how to:
- What the peer review process is
- A process for employees to file grievances and for management to respond
- How to choose a facilitator and panel
- What is involved in the hearing process, from preliminary meetings to the hearing, and the decision process
- What responsibilities and powers a panel should have
- How to apply professional questioning and probing techniques
- Why peer review panels fail and how to avoid those pitfalls This course is intended to offer participants a general overview of the peer review process. Participants should be encouraged to customize the process and its application for their organization.