01 May Hungarian Online Course – Level 3
Hungarian is a unique language that stands out as very different from its Germanic and Slavic neighbors, due to its historic connection with the Magyars from thousands of years ago. The Seven chieftains of the Magyars (or Hungarians) were the leaders of the seven tribes at the time of their arrival in the Carpathian Basin in 895 AD.
As a result, Hungary is known as the nation of horsemen. This love of horse riding stems back to the nomadic, pastoral days of the ancient Hungarians on the Great Hungarian Plain. Folk culture traditions still live on in many of Hungary’s villages.
Did you know?
The origin of goulash, a thick, hearty dish was (and still is) a very popular dish among herdsmen in Hungary. They made it in a cast-iron kettle hung above an open fire, out in the fields. Herdsman is ‘Gulyás’ in Hungarian, hence the name of this famous stew!
With our Hungarian A1.2 Microlearning Course, you can:
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognize parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
* All Cudoo language Microlearning courses are mapped to international CEFR levels and “Can Do” statements, and ACTFL standards.Take this Course