14 Jun Measuring Results from Training
Although we all know that training can have many awesome benefits, sometimes it can be hard to prove those benefits and attach a dollar value to training. Some topics, like sales training or time management, might have direct, tangible benefits. Other topics, like communication or leadership, might have benefits that you can’t put a dollar value on.
With our Measuring Results From Training course, learn about the different ways to evaluate training progress, and how to use those results to demonstrate ROI. Mulitple your ROI by learning how to review, and then adapt and modify the outcomes to create adaptive content and highly focused learners.
- Understand Kolb’s learning styles and learning cycle
- Understand Kirkpatrick’s levels of evaluation
- Get familiar with key evaluation tools, including goal setting, tests, reactionary sheets, interviews, observations, hip-pocket assessments, skill assessments, and learning journals
- Understand when to use each type of evaluation tool
- Be able to perform a needs assessment
- Know how to write learning objectives and link them to evaluation
- Be able to write an evaluation plan to evaluate learning at each stage of the training and far beyond
- Know how to identify the costs, benefits, and return on investment of training
- Get familiar with the parts of a business case