18 Sep Oromo Online Course – Level 1
Also known as Afaan Oromoo and Oromiffa, the language Oromo is spoken by the Oromo people. It is the third most widely spoken language in Ethiopia after Arabic and Hausa.
The Oromo live in the major part of Ethipoia and some part of Kenya. This is also the locale of the famous fossilised skeleton, “Lucy”! In the past, despite attempts to reduce the use of this language, it stood strong and has continued to flourish.
Learn the second most widely spoken indigenous language in Africa south of the Sahara.
With our Oromo Starter Microlearning Course, you can:
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Oromo
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colors
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks