22 Oct Project Management Training – Understanding Project Management
Project management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to regular job duties, people are often expected to take on extra assignments and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time.
This course is not intended to take participants from a supervisory or administrative position to that of a project manager. However, it will familiarize them with the most common terms and the most current thinking about projects. In this course, you will learn the nuts and bolts of project management, from setting priorities to controlling expenses and reporting on the results. You may still have to cope with the unexpected, but you’ll be better prepared.
In this course, you will learn:
- Understand what is meant by a project
- Recognize what steps must be taken to complete projects on time and on budget
- Sell ideas and make presentations
- Use simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking a project
- Use methods for keeping the team focused and motivated