14 Jul Teamwork and Team Building
For most of us, teamwork is a part of everyday life. Whether it’s at home, in the community, or at work, we are often expected to be a functional part of a performing team, with our own contribution. Having a strong team is at the core of successful companies, from start up to conglomerates.
Explore the different aspects of a team, as well as ways that you can become a top-notch team performer. Cover the details and concepts of what makes up a team, and what factors equal a successful team and team member.
In this course you will:
- Describe the concept of a team, and its factors for success
- Explain the four phases of the Tuckman team development model and define their characteristics
- List the three types of teams
- Describe actions to take as a leader – and as a follower for each of the four phases (Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing)
- Discuss the uses, benefits and disadvantages of various team-building activities
- Describe several team-building activities that you can use, and in what settings
- Follow strategies for setting and leading team meetings
- Detail problem-solving strategies using the Six Thinking Hats model — and one consensus-building approach to solving team problems
- List actions to do — and those to avoid — when encouraging teamwork
Thanks to you, every course you complete on Cudoo provides free learning to individuals with limited opportunities.